Jul 24, 2011

Canada

I took a trip to Canada to visit Chris’ family and explore the Toronto area. Chris gave me a brief tour of Toronto, Oakville (the town in which he grew up), and Hamilton (his college town). We also spent a few days at his cottage, about two hours north of Toronto on Six Mile Lake. We toured the lake, swam, lounged on the dock, enjoyed a marvelous thunderstorm, and he even taught me to paddle a canoe (well, he tried to teach me at least). We took a long day trip via canoe between some of the lakes near his cottage and out into Georgian Bay, which was an absolutely wonderful day. Six Mile Lake reminded me a bit of Pactola Lake, making me miss home!We spent the weekend at the Toronto Indy car race watching his younger brother, James, race. The race was exciting, and James came in 14th, after racing very well yet getting caught up in a couple minor collisions. The event concluded with a wonderful afterparty on a rooftop patio.
It was nice to experience a slice of real summer (100F instead of 60F) and relax around Toronto! Now, time to buckle down and get back to my research for a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that you had a good time; sounds great. Please feel free to come see us anytime you need "real summer" of 100 degrees - we are having the realest summer ever!

    ReplyDelete