Feb 25, 2012

Christmas Holiday

We kicked off the season with Balliol's annual Christmas dinner in hall, and a few days later I was flying back to states. Eager for snow and skiing, I was a bit disappointing to see Rapid City lacking in any significant snow. Still enough for snowball fights, however.
We checked out Rapid's new skating rink downtown, and I think this was the first time I've been skating since I was about 7 years old- good fun! Despite dad's expression, I think he enjoyed it too.One of the best parts of being home is getting to see my grandparents, and we had a great Christmas dinner with them.
Towards the end of my holiday at home, Dad and I went to hike Red Gate White Gate, which I had never explored. With the fresh snow and sunshine it was a gorgeous hike and an area to which I plan to return.

I enjoyed the skating so much that I wanted to go again once I had returned to London. So, Chris and I spent an afternoon skating in London, followed by an evening watching a Cirque du Soleil performance. It was a wonderful day, and I think we did things in the right order. Had the Cirque performance come before the skating, I may have left the rink with some broken bones, after having attempted to recreate the Cirque acrobatics myself!

And not long after the Christmas season, Corinne and Kevin had their baby boy, Elijah. He's happy, healthy, and very lucky to have two amazing parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment