May 26, 2010

Rhodes Ball

'Tis the season for balls at Oxford. Almost every college has one, and they're quite the events. I attended the Rhodes ball a couple weekends ago which was themed 'A Fairy Tale Night.' After a lovely three course meal with wine, I enjoyed some coffee and chocolates while being entertained by a magician. Then began the fancy cocktails that had been designed for the evening, and we migrated outside. I enjoyed a live jazz band while playing a jumbo game of jenga, which was followed by a d.j. and much dancing. And just in case I was feeling a bit starved after dinner, there was luckily a kebab van situated just 50 feet from the dance floor -- good music, an open bar, and an open kebab van -- I'm unsure in which fairy tale you would find that, but it was nonetheless a very enjoyable night. Sarah and I below, mid dance floor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment