Mar 5, 2011

Christmas

I was back home again for Christmas, and I got to see Michael, Jason, and Becky, none of whom I had seen since I left for school. We took a trip up to Spearfish Canyon to enjoy the snow, which was pretty lacking back in Rapid. Michael especially enjoyed the snow as he pushed me into it!

Out on a walk in search of frozen waterfalls...

I love Spearfish Canyon...



Found a (half) frozen waterfall...

And some cool plants!

My last night in town was out to Chinese with my grandparents. It was so good to be with family again; I miss them all!
After Rapid City I spent a few days in the Seattle area, where I got to meet up with Dan and Mark, and then a few days in Minneapolis staying with Andrea and catching up with old coaches, teammates, and climbing buddies. What a great holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! It was good to see you, too. Spearfish Canyon is really amazing. (I think your "cool plant" pic is of Queen Ann's Lace, albeit dead QAL.) Love that pic of your dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time with all of you "younguns" home. Love you!! mom

    ReplyDelete