Nov 5, 2009

Sports

In the last 24 hours, I've had three rowing practices and a pole vault session- tough to keep up with everything! Although I hate waking up early, especially since I'm still a bit sick, being out on the Thames as the sun rises is really cool. I don't think I'll ever become a serious rower, but I can see the appeal. The rhythmic feel of the boat as 8 people become in synch and watching the water break with the oars and glide under the boat is quite nice.
Alright, I'm off to the lab. But first, a couple pics of the inside hall of Rhodes house, taken by one of the photographers at the Coming Up Dinner.


1 comment:

  1. Cool pics. I've always thought I would have enjoyed rowing if I had ever had the chance to try it. Cos I'm such a fierce athlete and all... the idea of being out on the water, and the rhythym and teamwork of rowing appeals to me. It's cool that you're getting to do it.

    ReplyDelete